1. Arla Foods Mayer Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 78 167 620 706, B1, 2-8 McPherson Street,
What Information Do We Collect?
information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold (not an exhaustive list), include your full name, gender, date of birth, address, personal and/or work contact details (including phone/fax numbers and email address/es), your product preferences and purchase history, any information about you which you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys, information regarding your health and medical treatment (where the collection of such health/medical information is reasonably necessary for one or more of AFM’s functions or activities). No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in AFM being unable to provide you with upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or provide the certain or requested service, including accepting competition entries, sales of products and product information requests.
Collection & Handling of Personal Information
3. AFM will not collect any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
4. AFM collects personal information via a variety of sources, including online e.g. through the Castello and Lurpak brand websites (through for example, website enquiry forms), social media channels, email and telephone, through competitions/promotions, surveys and offers, from customers through purchases (including purchase of tickets or merchandise from a website operated by AFM brands), through entities to whom AFM provides products to sell (and any intermediate entities), employees of AFM, those that request information from or have any dealings with AFM, via any direct requests from persons who wish to be added to our database to receive communication or as an existing contact of AFM.
5. AFM collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for a range of purposes, such as:
- Purposes of research in development of products and assist with marketing research to better understand our consumers purchasing and wants.
- To personalise our consumers experience (their information helps us to better respond to their individual needs).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive).
- To improve our customer service (their information helps us to move effectively response to their customer service requests and support needs).
- For general marketing and promotional purposes, including sending periodic emails for marketing purposes in relation to company news, updates, related product or service information.
- To conduct a promotion/competition, survey or offer.
- To process ticket or merchandise purchases from a website operated by AFM.
- To facilitate orders, purchases and deliveries.
- To maintain an employee database.
- To execute marketing activities on behalf of Arla Foods amba.
- To conduct business with other entities e.g. provide products to sell (including any dealings with intermediate entities, e.g. delivery companies, etc).
- To assist with administering content for promotions, surveys or other site features.
- To respond to product inquiries and complaints
- To provide to our legal advisors, when needed, and other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
AFM may also receive your personal information via a third party, including trade customersand distributors and related agencies.
6. All personal information is stored in a secure server on AFM’s premises. AFM takes
reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks
such as misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure. No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to AFM over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Requests for Access to and Correction of your Personal Information
7. You may request access of the personal information we hold about you and seek the
correction of such information by contacting us via phone, email or mail, as outlined in point 12 below. In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent it would not be permitted under Australian privacy laws.
Disclosure to Third Parties
8. In providing you the information, goods or services you request, AFM may be required to
disclose your personal information to:
- AFM’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services.
- AFM may also disclose your personal information to other third parties where it is required or permitted to under any applicable law.
- AFM’s trade customers.
9. Personal information collected from you may be disclosed to entities located outside of
Australia (including potentially Arla Foods Amba in Denmark), and AFM cannot guarantee
that any overseas recipient will not breach the Australian Privacy Principles. By providing
personal information to AFM you consent to the overseas transfer on these terms as
permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles and agree that the AFM is not liable in this
AFM and links to other web sites
10. Castello and Lurpak brand websites and any other website owned or managed by AFM may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. AFM is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the AFM operated websites.
Inquiries & Complaints
compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles or any other privacy concern may be
directed to AFM at email: email@example.com or via telephone on +61 1 300 587 725.
AFM takes such matters seriously and we will use all reasonable efforts to promptly deal with the matter.