- 500g spaghetti
- 200g kale
- 75g Lurpak® Slightly Salted Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 75g walnuts, chopped medium size
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 100g finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus 100g more, to serve
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and boil the pasta for 9 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the kale leaves medium fine. Lightly beat the eggs and mix them with the Parmesan.
Melt butter in a saucepan, add the walnuts and sauté for 2–3 minutes, add the garlic, sauté for 3-4 minutes more, make sure it doesn’t burn. Add the kale and sauté for 2 minutes, mix well, sprinkle with generous amounts of pepper. Turn off the heat and keep the mixture warm.
When the pasta is done, drain it, then return it to the saucepan and add kale and egg mixtures, fold the sauce into the pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve right away with more Parmesan.
- Never let the butter or garlic brown in the pan – it will make your sauce bitter.
- Always cook pasta in a big pot with plenty of salted water.