- 2 slices Rye Sourdough bread
- 35g Lurpak Spreadable
- 2 slices roast beef, cooked
- ½ roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced
- White wine vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 25g watercress
Roast Beef and Red Pepper Sandwich
- To make the pickled onions, put the sliced onions into a small bowl. Mix together the white wine vinegar and caster sugar and pour over the onions. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Butter each slice of bread with Lurpak spreadable and scatter with the watercress.
- Top with the roasted red pepper and then with the roast beef.
- Sprinkle over the pickled onions and top with the remaining slice of bread. Serve immediately
The earthiness of beetroot works really well with roast beef. Stir it with a little white wine vinegar and a tsp of horseradish. Pile it on top of the beef with the pickled onions.
If you don’t have leftovers from a beef joint and you don’t want to specifically roast a joint for a sandwich, fry up a steak, leave to rest for 5 minutes and then slice.
Rub your bread with a clove of garlic before spreading with Lurpak Spreadable.
Make a creamy celeriac remoulade to go with your beef. Mix together mustard, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Grate in the celery and season with salt and pepper. This will keep in the fridge, covered for 2-3 days.