- 200g green beans
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp Lurpak Medium Fat Spread
- 2 x ±150g salmon fillets, skin on & patted dry
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Salmon with Lemon & Garlic Green Beans
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Salt generously.
Fill a large bowl with ice water.
Blanch beans until just tender. About 2-3 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, plunge beans into ice water. Move around to cool.
Drain and dry on paper towel or a clean dish cloth.
In a large frying pan, melt 2 Tbsp of Lurpak Medium Fat Spread over medium heat and cook the salmon skin down until the fillet is almost done to your liking. Baste with butter. Season.
Turn the salmon over and finish cooking for one minute on the other side.
While the salmon is cooking, heat the other 2 Tbsp of Lurpak Medium Fat Spread in another frying pan.
Add the garlic and cook until golden. Add the green beans and toss them in the garlic and butter. Season well. Scatter with lemon zest and toss.
Squeeze the lemon juice over the salmon and beans and serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Continuously baste the salmon with the butter in the pan. This will ensure a golden colour and a crisp skin.
- When frying the salmon, press down with a spatula. This will stop the fillet curling up.
- Always cook the salmon skin side down when frying or roasting. The skin protects the salmon from overcooking.
- Remember to not overcook your salmon. When salmon is overcooked, it looks pale pink and chalky. Remove the salmon just before it is cooked all the way through as it will carry on cooking as it is resting.