- 3 XL free-range eggs
- 1-2 Tbsp Lurpak Medium Fat Spread
- 100g tenderstem broccoli, roughly chopped
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Fluffy Broccoli & Parmesan Omelette
In a medium bowl, beat 1 whole egg with 2 egg yolks. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
In a separate mixing bowl, beat the remaining 2 egg whites until firm.
Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
In a 22cm non-stick frying pan, melt 1 Tbsp Lurpak Medium Fat Spread over medium heat until foaming.
Add the broccoli and cook until just tender. Season lightly.
Add a fresh little dollop of butter.
Scrape eggs into the pan and swirl them around evenly.
Cover and cook until the top is just barely set. Scatter the parmesan over the eggs.
Cover once more and cook until the cheese melts.
Fold the omelette over itself and slide onto a serving plate.
Serve straight away with an extra sprinkle of Parmesan.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Always use butter when making an omelette. You will get a better texture and much richer flavour.
- Make sure your eggs are at room temperature before making an omelette.
- Use a small non-stick pan for best results. If you use a pan that is too big, the omelette will be too thin and cook too quickly. Resulting in a rubbery omelette.