- 600g cod fillet
- 150g Lurpak® Slightly Salted Butter
- 600g small potatoes
- 70g Lurpak® Slightly Salted Butter
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 500g spinach
- Dash of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Place the pieces of cod on a chopping board, dry them with a piece of kitchen towel. Sprinkle lightly with salt and place on tray, cover with cling film, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Boil the potato in salted water, rinse spinach in cold water.
Take the potatoes and drain, keep a little of the water for the mash. Place the potatoes back in the pot, mash them roughly with a whisk, add the 75g of butter (save a teaspoon for the spinach) and a bit of the potato water, season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, it should be lumpy, with the peel still on.
Melt the butter in a frying pan, fry the cod on both sides for a few minutes and turn the cod to make sure the butter is sizzling without burning. Now take a spoon and start spooning the melted butter over the cod while still in the pan, repeat a few times. Total cooking time for the cod should be around 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper before serving.
In another pan, wilt the spinach in a tsp. of butter, season with salt and pepper and a dash of lemon juice. Serve the cod with potatoes and spinach.
- When the fish is fried, removed from the pan, and set aside for later, then add some extra butter to the remaining juices in the pan. Turn down the heat, and let it melt into the butter already in the pan for a smooth butter sauce.
- Sprinkle the cod with salt, 30 minutes before frying. It will firm up the cod and enhance the flavour.