- ½ red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 1 Rye bread, sliced
- 35g Lurpak Spreadable
- 60g Smoked salmon
- ½ avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 25g Rocket leaves
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Open Salmon Sandwich
- Place the onion slices into a small bowl. Mix together the vinegar and sugar, pour over the onions and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread 2 slices of bread with Lurpak spreadable
- Top the bread slices with the avocado, rocket leaves, red onions and smoked salmon.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Top with cress and serve immediately.
Try replacing the smoked salmon with other smoked fish, prawns or fresh crab meat.
Instead of pickling the red onions, slice radishes and cover with the same pickling mixture. This works particularly well with smoked fish.
Try dark rye breads and seeded breads. They work very well with the sweetness of smoked fish, prawns, etc.
To stop your avocado turning brown, place it in a small plastic container and cover with water. Put on the lid and keep in the fridge.
For a more Asian twist, drizzle over a little soy sauce and grate a little ginger. You can also replace the rocket with fresh coriander leaves.