- 40g Lurpak® Unsalted Butter, softened and extra for greasing
- 20g tarragon, leaves chopped
- 8 sunblush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of Parma Ham
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- A little Lurpak® Unsalted Butter, melted
- 150g mascarpone or créme fraîche
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
BAKED TARRAGON AND TOMATO CHICKEN
Ingredients45 min 4 servings
Preheat the oven to 200˚C / 180˚C fan / gas mark 6.
Mix Lurpak® Unsalted Butter with all the tarragon apart from a tablespoon, sunblush tomatoes, parmesan, garlic and season.
Remove the mini fillets from each chicken breast and put aside. Cut a pocket into the thickest part of each breast, about 5cm across.
Then divide the butter between the pockets and place the mini fillets over to seal the butter in.
Lay 2 slices of Parma ham slightly overlapping each other on a chopping board and place a chicken breast in the middle and wrap the Parma ham around, sitting the chicken breast on the seal where the Parma ham joins. Repeat with the other three.
Butter an ovenproof dish and place the onion and tomatoes in the bottom, place the chicken breasts on top and brush each with a little melted Lurpak® Unsalted Butter. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Drain any chicken and tomato juices from the dish into a saucepan and add the mascarpone or créme fraîche, remaining tarragon, mustard and season, adding a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
Serve the chicken with the onions, tomatoes and the sauce. Perfect with sauté potatoes and green vegetables.
Tip: Sundried tomatoes can be used instead of sunblush tomatoes