You can’t beat a classic. Try our soup-er recipe for creamy Pumpkin Soup with Chives.
- Roughly chop the pumpkin, onion and garlic.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and fry the pumpkin, onion and garlic with the curry powder.
- Pour in the stock (or water if you’re using) and let the mixture simmer for 1 hour.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Carefully blend the soup with a hand blender and season with salt and pepper. If using a standard blender, be extra careful and blend the mixture in batches.
- Serve the warm soup in bowls with a dash of creme fraiche and a heavy sprinkling of fresh chives!
- Serve with freshly toasted garlic bread.
- The soup can also be made with celeriac, carrots or parsnips.