- 2 slices of white sourdough
- 50g Lurpak Spreadable
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sambal
- 25g rocket leaves
- 125g halloumi, cut into 4 slices
Halloumi and Tomato Sandwich
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas mark 7
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tray and dot with 15g of butter. Season with salt and fresh black pepper and roast for 15 minutes or until the cherry tomatoes just begin to soften. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan. When hot, add the halloumi slices and cook until brown on both sides. Remove and set aside on a plate.
To build the sandwich:
- Spread the two slices of the sourdough with the remaining Lurpak Spreadable.
- Scatter over the rocket leaves and top with the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the slices of halloumi, drizzle with sambal and then add the final sliced bread.
Soak the halloumi in lemon juice. This will draw out some of the salt and also soften the Halloumi.
Never add oil to the pan when cooking halloumi. It should be cooked in a dry pan, over A medium heat. Don’t overcook as it will go rubbery.
A drizzle of balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes would add an intense, sweet flavour.
If you can’t get hold of sambal, harissa, sirracha or Gochujang would work just as well.