- 4 stalks fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 2 red apples, cubed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 220g rolled rye or rolled oats
- 850ml water
- 375ml light beer, or water for non-alcoholic version
- 5-10 dried prunes (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, grated
- 450g vanilla yoghurt
- 125g hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp Lurpak® Unsalted Butter
RYE AND RHUBARB PORRIDGE
To make the compote, add the rhubarb, apples, half of the vanilla extract and 100ml of the water into a medium saucepan and slowly bring to the boil. Lower the heat and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place to one side and leave to cool.
For the porridge, place the rye, beer, prunes, lemon zest and the remaining vanilla extract and water into a medium saucepan, then slowly bring to the boil. Lower the heat and cook for about five minutes, stirring throughout.
Serve with the rhubarb compote, a knob of Lurpak®, vanilla yoghurt and roasted hazelnuts.